Well, we are in the final stages of preparing for an RV trip to South Dakota. It will take three days of driving to get there, though we will likely stop for a day on the way. Nevertheless, it will be a long time in the car. After spending lots of time deciding upon entertainment options for the kids, it occurred to me that Elisabeth may have some real issues this trip with nausea. So yesterday I started browsing the internet for ways to prevent kids from getting car sick. And this is what I came up with:
|Ginger Cookie (Photo credit: Anna Fischer)|
- Nausea reducing snacks: Ginger snap cookies, lollipops (including lemon ones), and peppermint candy
- Have ginger ale in the cooler - who knows she may actually like it!
- Benadryl to have on hand for day two if the nausea is consistent and bothersome
- We have some adult Sea-bands around somewhere - not sure it will work on her little wrists but I'll see if I can find them anyway
- Utilize rest areas - we usually try do jumping jacks and play tag
- Have breaks from all media and get the kids to focus on the horizon - we try to get them to look for animals or read the speed limit signs (they are learning to read numbers)
- I'll probably put something in the car just in case none of the above works and we don't stop on time
Here is to hoping for the best and being prepared for the worst.
Post a Comment